Are you ready for an amazing summer experience full of memories that will last a lifetime? Sleep away camps usually begin hiring for general camp counselor positions in the November prior to summer. Applicants are encouraged to get their applications in much earlier than that!
A responsible, enthusiastic, and energetic person who wants to spend their summer acting as a mentor and role model for kids is what summer camps are looking for.
You will work, play, and live in a structured outdoor environment as a summer camp counselor, emphasizing a sense of fun, family, friendship, and belonging.
Typical Summer Camp General Counselor Requirements
- Must be available to work from early-mid June through mid-late August
- At least one year of college or age equivalent
- A passion for caring for and guiding children and young adults
- A healthy, positive and flexible attitude with strong teamwork skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- A friendly and empathetic attitude
- First aid and CPR certifications are a big plus
- Must be able to pass a drug and/or background test according to camp policies and local laws
General Summer Camp Counselor Salary
Typically, summer camp counselors can expect to make $400 – $600 a week during the summer, or around $2,000 for a typical 4-week session, and $2,800 – $4,800 for a typical 7-8 week session. Salaries depend on credentials and experience and vary from one camp organization to the next.
Typical Camp Counselor Job Benefits and Information
- Room and Board
- Food and Meals Provided
- Paid Days Off
- Staff Only Gear
- Laundry Facilities
- Valuable Leadership Experience
- Networking within a Large and Diverse Staff and Alumni Community
Summer Camp Counselor Positions
Fill out the short application below to submit your resume to our summer camp partners!